NOW DEFUNCT :(

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Bummed out, but not about Zork!

For some reason, I'm bummed today. I shouldn't be though.

I mean, I stayed awake through calculus this morning with very little waining. I have all my homework done for the rest of the semester except for calculus, which I'm caught up on. My job isn't as bad as I think it is. I have an awesome family. My boyfriend is amazingly wonderful and adorable.

So what's wrong with me???

I have some thoughts on the subject...


  1. I am currently emotional for a biological reason.
  2. The holidays are coming up, and although I've done fairly well so far this year, I know that my SAD is going to kick in soon.
  3. Finals are coming up :(
  4. I miss my extended family and our huge holidays.
  5. Work and stress from that.
  6. Being so busy.
  7. Being so sick, even if I don't show it.
  8. Having a lot of acquaintances and friends, but not best friends.
  9. Feeling like I'm losing control over certain aspects of my life, and not knowing how every thing is going to turn out.
  10. My tendency to over-analyze things and assume people's thoughts/words/actions are different that they really are.
  11. Although it is a ways off, thinking about graduate school and where I should go.
  12. Knowing that winter break is coming up and the only thing I have to do until school starts again is work my butt off.
  13. Knowing that after finals, my little brother will be back in Chicago until he starts at Concordia in the spring.
  14. Knowing that winter break is coming up and that Theron will be home and not around, and that we'll both be working a lot, so I might not get to talk to him that much, let alone visit.

I hate it when I get bummed out. It's like everything will be going great, but my brain just freaks out on me.

Maybe after I eat something in a bit, it'll be better. I don't eat enough in the daytime, and I'm sure it throws off my metabolism.

On a happy note, the spell checker on here says I have spelled everything correctly. Coolio. Well, now it's mad because it doesn't recognize coolio.

Whatever computer, whatever. I'll do what I want.

Know what game I miss? Zork. Not the crazy picture one - no, that's not Zork. The Zork that runs on an old 386 with the green monitor and that overworked computer smell. Ahhh. I remember playing that for hours on end, trying to draw out maps so that I knew where I was going in the crazy maze of rooms below the locked cellar door.

Luckily, I found a site where I can download it. I'll try it later in the math lab, so tenatively it works. I would assume it does, because it's from the maker of the trilogy.

Oh! And here's a site where you can just play online too! You can save your game too. That'll make beating the game soooo much easier, to not have to start over so much. It's kinda slow, but super fun. There are a few more sites out there, but they require you to save on your computer - they're not easily transfered that way. However, those sites are faster.

Go play Zork, you dork!

1 comment:

Kirsten Schultz said...

On a better note, I took a short walk down by the river, and feel much happier having gotten out in the sun. :)