NOW DEFUNCT :(

Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Guru Granth Sahib

I had the weirdest dream last night, brought on by studying for my Asian Religions final and excitement for next semester, no doubt.


I was in a Sikh temple, doing a site visit. It seemed more like next semester to me, but it could've been later on in life. Anyhow, there were speaking in Punjabi, and I was listening intently for any hint of a word or two I might know.


All of the sudden, someone breaks in through a stained glass window in the ceiling. Dressed in all black and hanging from repelling cords, this thief was going after the most prized possession in the gurdwara - the Guru Granth Sahib!

The man reading from the holy book and the other man who was supposed to be keeping the air above the Guru moving and clean both hit the floor, fearing for their lives. All the women and children tried to hide under the pews, and the men, despite having their ceremonial swords, were scared for dear life.

That's when I decided to take matters into my own hands...

All the sudden, I was not dressed in my everyday attire, but in a super suit - a mix between Indiana Jones and a Ninja, basically. I threw my lasso at the intruder's foot, only to have him kick it away. By this time, he had the Guru in hand, and was trying to make his escape.

I had a brilliant idea.

Using my (non-existent) math skills, I calculated exactly where I needed to strike in order to free the book from the man's hands. With lasso in hand, I threw a ninja star at the man's wrist, causing the book to fall from a height of around 20 feet in the air. Everyone gasped. This book is not just considered a holy book, but a person, a Guru. If it hit the floor, would it be okay?

I caught the book with my lasso and pulled it towards me. "She's got it, she's got the Guru
Granth Sahib!" I held it tight for a brief moment, then gave it to a young mother near me.

I went in pursuit of the perpetrator.

He was climbing back up towards the top of the window through which he came. I began to climb the rope after him, ceremonial sword in mouth style.

I'm always surprised at my physical abilities in my dreams...

He reached the top just before me, despite my best efforts to climb as fast as humanly (or ninja-ly) possible. Once outside, however, he had nowhere to go.

Whatever happened next is such a blur that I don't remember it, but all I know is I apprehended the perp, saved the day, and was offered much Indian food in return. I got to be all over the news as a hero, and the next day as I walked into my religion class, everyone cheered for me and my bravery.

In other news...

My Asian Religions final quiz went well. I feel like I only missed about two questions.

I know what I'm getting most people for Christmas now, except Theron... What do I get someone who means so much to me? Material things don't seem to be enough.

And I'm hungry. With that, I'm off to get some grub. Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kirsten! Brava for your derring-do. And a check-plus for your dream. :-)