NOW DEFUNCT :(

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Wheeeeee!

So I had a great past few days.

Theron's mom invited me for Christmas. I'm excited. I think it'll be fun. All his family seems to like me pretty well, and I'm hitting it off great with both his mom and his sister Brynne. Hopefully I don't offend or make a huge faux pax in front of everyone... Eeek!

Sledding was super fun! I can't wait until I can go up there again. It's like a roller coaster, but on snow and without long lines.

I found the most awesome cookbook at Half Price Books the other day. It's called "Wookies Cookies: A Star Wars Cookbook." It's kid-centered and in it are recipes for such items as Twin Sun Toast, Princess Leia Danish Dos, Hoth Chocolate, Yoda Soda, and of course, Wookie Cookies.

The introduction includes cooking tips, and these awesome quotes...

"Consider, young Jedi: Why bake a plain old cookie when you can bake a super-Chewie Wookie Cookie?"

"Go forth, young Jedi! May your Hoth Chocolate be sweet, may your Dark Side Salsa be spicy, and may the Force always be with you!"

And one of the best features of the book are the stickers in the back for use with your Tupperware. Great sayings such as
  • Use the fork, Luke
  • Eat this you must. Help you, it can.
  • Please feed the Wookie.
  • It's no Jedi mind trick. It's just good food.
  • Give in to your dark cravings.
appear, as well as normal "Food Data" stickers. Apparently there are several Star Wars cookbooks now, and I'm in the process of tracking some of them down.

Bon Appetit!

No comments: