NOW DEFUNCT :(

Sunday, October 28, 2007

My weekend...

Saturday went well enough.

Theron woke up at like 830, got out of bed, and didn't wake me up. :( I just thought he was going to the bathroom, but alas, I was wrong. It was actually kinda cute, cos he says he wanted me to get enough sleep.

I had to work from 12-6, but it was Halloween dress day... and I went as a Cyndi Lauper-Madonna-Pat Benatar hyper-80s girl, complete with leg warmers. It was super fun! My friend Nicki brought her kids, and they did face painting, and handed out candy at different spots of the store. Latanya's kids came when she took her lunch and stayed to help, too. It was, like, totally fun to be stuck in the 80's mindset all day.

Then, after work, Theron came and got me. We went to the store and got stuffs to make breakfast for dinner - pancakes & sausage. The only sad thing was that none of the stores we went to had buckwheat flour for pancakes. :( That and my parents were pissy with each other...

Sunday morning started out alright, I suppose, for a Sunday morning. I had to work from 7AM until 2... which was okay I guess, cos I got an hour before we opened to be super slow and finish waking up... and listen to musics. Then, just like Saturday night, the girl that never comes in (but was scheduled at the service desk) *gasp* didn't show up! So guess who had to do that instead of putting up her domestics ads?

I take a break at like 10, cos this lady bitched me out - apparently she thought that Sierra Mist was a Coke product, and therefore on sale with the Coke stuff. Alas, she was incorrect, but still managed to take her anger out on me. Oh well, that's life in customer service...

Then around noon, though, we got extremely busy... Of course, I had almost all new people on checkouts... Which was fine, because most people were understanding about it. Then this super bitch shows up at my friend Mike's register, complaining that all the Halloween stuff is on sale for 33%. First of all, she was wrong about exactly what items were included on that sale (although the sign was a bit misleading, I suppose). It said that the Halloween textiles and decor were on sale... meaning like tablecloths and baskets and such, not decorations. I gave it to her anyways, because that was the right thing to do. First I had to void out the whole transaction, and then ring it all up again, fixing the prices on everything. The woman's sister keeps apologizing to me, because she hates shopping with her sister (because apparently she's ALWAYS a super bitch). I finish fixing the price - the woman is like cussing me out, telling me I have a terrible attitude, and that I shouldn't be on the service desk because I "have the worst attitude of everyone here", but that I should be back in the shoe department, where it's okay if I'm a stupid bitch because no one cares back there. Then she wants the $3 bounty for all that ringing up wrong... which no one taught me how to do on a regular register. SB (super bitch) was furious - "Last time this happened, they did it at the register, and just took the money off - that's what I want." I tried to explain to her that I didn't know how to do that, and she needs to come to the service desk, where I know what to do... which - you can imagine - didn't make her any nicer. In between when Mike was finishing to ring her up and the time she showed up at the service desk, I called Steve up cos she wanted to complain about how terrible a person I am. He's on his way up, and Mike overhears the woman talking to her sister about how I'd better not walk anywhere near the door, because if I did, she was going to grab me by the hair and drag me outside, beat the living shit out of me, and leave me lying in a pool of my own blood. I don't know this until after they're long gone though. She comes up to get the $3 bounty, which I'm only allowed to give out via gift-cards. Apparently, she just wanted it in cash - which I'm not allowed to do. She continues to bitch me out, and then Steve gets there. She spends about half-an-hour yelling about me to him, telling him I need to be fired, meanwhile I'm dealing with other customers - getting red in the face and embarrassed almost to the point of tears. Thankfully, there are SOME customers who try to help the workers feel better. She leaves, and about 10 minutes later, when things settle down a bit, I see Steve making a B-line for me. I feel this huge sense of dread... but he pretty much just tells me he's sorry, that she was completely wrong, that I've got a great attitude, and showed me how to do bounties on regular registers so that I don't have to deal with the service desk as far as that goes.

Needless to say, I took my lunch about now. Tried to call Theron - asleep... mom - asleep... Gramma Patty - asleep... Adam - asleep... Then Theron woke up and calmed me down. I was literally in tears. I hate to think that people think ill of me... especially when I know that they've threatened me, like I found out shortly before going on my lunch. I always try to be the best me possible, and to have somebody be so rude to me - despite saying that she works customer service for a friggin' bank - is retarded. I want to know which bank she works at, go there, and act like a total bitch, see how she likes it... grrr!

I guess some people have to be complete assholes for us to appreciate the nice people (like my sweet girls at work), or our own niceness.

We went out and spent some time with Theron's mom tonight, which was nice. She's cool, and apparently she likes me, which is super awesome.

Theron accidentally closed my finger in his car window... haha. Kinda funny story really though. I rolled my window down a lil to throw out my gum, and he thought I was just going to spit it out... so he was gonna roll up my window so that my gum got stuck to it... alas, my finger was there, and got a lil squished. It really only hurt for like 15 minutes, and then adrenaline kicked in, and I'm all better!

So, I'm guessing that Boston is going to win the World Series again... YAY! I'm glad that the curse has been erased for good now... This is proof of it.

Haha! Theron just found King Kong in Spanish on satellite. That was awesome!

Well, I'm off to bed then. Enjoy your day!

No comments: