NOW DEFUNCT :(

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Miss Independent

So, in watching the, uh, Presidential debate the other day, I started wondering... Who is running on the Independent ballot? CNN hasn't talked about it - Fox News hasn't talked about it. WTF?

Sooo, I decided to go a-searchin' to get some answers... Oh, how I love the interweb.

Surprise, surprise - Ralph Nader is running again. His VP would be one Matt Gonzalez. He really hasn't done that much of note. While normally I would say that Nader needs to give up on running (isn't this like the third time he's run?), this might be his year. I sincerely hope not, but you never know. Enough people are tired of the two choices that are always being televised...

Bill Ingram, with VP Jon Greenspon, is also running. Apparently he's from Wisconsin? I never heard of him before today. Here are their goals for the first week of their stay in the White House if anyone else magically knows they're running:

During the first 178 hours, not days or weeks, We intend to:

  1. Go to Iraq and Afghanistan.
  2. Stop unchecked earmark spending in the United States Congress
  3. Put the Southern US Border Fence on a fast track to protect American citizens, and
  4. Give America back to the people.

Seems like a friggin' tall order to me.

And Bob Barr is also running. Wayne Allyn Root would be his VP. These Libertarians really have no chance. Not that I think any of these crazy Independents do...

I'm all registered to vote now. If you plan on doing so, the deadline in Wisconsin (unless you plan to do so when you vote) is October 15th, so get on it. If you don't plan on voting, don't whine if you don't get your way. :)

6 comments:

Theron Schultz said...

Who's running on the Constitution Party ticket?

Kirsten Schultz said...

Chuck Baldwin apparently.

http://www.baldwin08.com/

Anonymous said...

A Baldwin brother? ;)

Kirsten Schultz said...

Heh. That would be far too awesome... or awkward... I'm not entirely sure which :P

Anonymous said...

Being a Libertarian does not make one crazy. It has all the positives of the two major parties: freedom in both personal and economic matters. It's all about living your life freely.

Kirsten Schultz said...

I did not call Libertarians crazy. And what I meant, if you forgive me for wording it poorly, was that the independents are crazy to think that they'll have a chance of winning the election since they are getting no publicity whatsoever.