NOW DEFUNCT :(

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Who Wants My Virginity?

No, it's not mine - and trust me, I'm sure that Theron would object.

This girl is going back to school to get her masters and wants to create some "financial stability" for herself. I'm sorry, but how is prostitution going to create stability of any kind? This story just brings up a myriad of questions for me - how do we know she's a virgin? How can she be sure that whoever buys her virginity isn't going to a) hurt her, or, b) infect her with a disease or a baby?

She wants to get her masters in marriage and family therapy... What's a stunt like this going to do to her future marriage? How is her future husband going to react to this? Will it be something that they will be able to move past or will it ruin her future relationships?

Trust me, I believe that education is the key to our future. When we learn about the world around us, we can improve it and fix things that are currently wrong. However - and this could just be the feminist in me - I can't believe that anybody, let alone a woman who respects herself, can take part in this fiasco. I sincerely feel pity for this girl.

Maybe she's had too many of these chocolates?

No comments: