NOW DEFUNCT :(

Monday, September 8, 2008

Politico!

Okay, so I had a million pages to read over the weekend in between working and all that fun stuff. Funny enough, part of my homework was to look up things about women in the news. I decided to look around the election areas to find some issues that obviously exist and are being pushed in everyone's face.

I think it's interesting to note that, in just about every teen pregnancy, we always get mad at the girls - like they could've done something to fix it... I really hate this double standard crap.

We were comparing issues that Palin and Clinton have been faced with in this campaign in my American women history class today, and comparing those to any issues that Obama and McCain have faced so far. Obama was criticized for the church that he attends and Rev. Wright's views. Palin's (former, but only because of her move to Juneau) church has some issues too. Sure, some people might see Obama's church as racist. I see Palin's former church as sexist and ignorant. Oh, and ignore the errors in the article... :)

If you don't like McCain, you can look up some of his short-comings here. However, if you have issues with Obama, click here.

EDIT: If you want information on the misconceptions surrounding Palin, here's yet another page from factcheck.org that Theron found.

You can expect to see more frequent blog postings as I nail down a real schedule here... Ohhh bad pun wording by the religious studies major...

No comments: