NOW DEFUNCT :(

Monday, September 1, 2008

Thank G-d

I don't have anything else to lug up the five flights of stairs to my dorm room.

Yesterday was move-in day. Theron and I were able to get everything upstairs in a relatively good amount of time. We got most of it done early, so maybe that's why it was easier. It seems like most people waited until a little later to show up and start moving.

I got everything done yesterday that I needed to, which is so nice. We had a floor meeting last night and I guess most of the girls on my floor are freshmen, so it was a little awkward because no one wanted to talk, but they seemed nice.

My bed is extremely comfortable. I actually woke up at a regular time because I didn't feel as though I slept poorly. Theron gave me a whole bunch of his posters, so it doesn't feel naked in here... and his cow ottoman - it's so cute!

I know that the biggest thing I will have trouble with is being more outgoing. I tend to isolate myself when there are people I don't know very well unless I'm at work (don't ask, I don't get it either). Hopefully when I get home from work one night, I'll be able to branch out a little more and be a little less anti-social.

3 comments:

Theron Schultz said...

Think of making friends as your "job" at school when you're not in class. ;-)

John said...

sit out in the hallway playing solitaire (with real cards, not on your laptop) and someone is bound to stop by and tell you to play the red six on the black seven.

Kirsten Schultz said...

Both good ideas.

My floor is full of freshman. *eye roll* They do stupid high school things so I don't really want to be friends with them. :-P