NOW DEFUNCT :(

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sports

It occurred to me that I didn't ever talk about how much I enjoyed my weekend chock full o' sports!

The Brewers game was amazing! We lost, but only after holding off the Marlins, forcing extra innings. Our defense was pretty good earlier in the game, but the offense was lacking. I'm guessing it had something to do with a lack of a day off. Theron and I sat fairly close, which was really nice. We were just out of foul ball range, so we didn't have to worry about getting hit in the head too much... But we were close enough that we could see everything that was happening.

I got to eat up in the Press Box, and Theron's dad gave us a little tour. I got to see all sorts of famous people, most notably Bob Uecker. I'm in the middle of reading his book, Catcher in the Wry, so it was really cool to see him. I had to try really, really hard to not go talk to him. It was all pretty fancy, and I loved it. I felt a little out of place at first, just because it seemed like Theron was used to it, and David totally was, this being his job. Hopefully I didn't embarrass myself too much.

Like I said, we lost 0-3. We did give it our best college try though. Ryan Braun held off the end of the game as long as he could, being the final batter. With 2 strikes and 3 balls, he hit two foul balls before finally striking out, thus ending the game. I don't know why every thinks J.J. Hardy is such a cutie, because Braun is much better. Oh well.

The Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) Championship game was pretty fun. I've never really been to a soccer game, much less an indoor soccer game, so it was pretty interesting. At one point, the ball came over the guard and almost got Kelsey right in the face. Luckily it bounced off the chair next to her and only hit her leg.

The Baltimore Blast won the game, but I thought that La Raza gave a noble try, especially with it being their first year in the league. That alone was impressive, but to see their players in action was awesome. Both the teams have some great players on them, and I was really impressed by the low number of fouls compared to other sports. Then again, this is a game where you pretty much have to kick your opponent. To read more about the game, click here.

Sunday, I spent engaged in the sport of quick paper writing. I was able to finish my REL316 paper pretty easily, because I love that class, and it's easy to write about visiting a Serbian Orthodox Cathedral. But I did have a 2-part term paper for my MUS158 class due too. Both parts were album reviews, one of The Doors' self-titled debut album - which was super easy and fun to write about - and the other about Randy Newman's Good Old Boys. It's a good album, but was definitely difficult to write about. I finished that one right at two, then ran over to my class one building over.

Today was the last day of classes before finals. My finals shouldn't be too bad though. In MUS158, it's just another test. And I'm doing well in both my religion classes, and I've done well on the tests, so I should do pretty good.

I feel bad. I didn't go to my 10am class these last two days because each time I went to get in my car, it wouldn't start. The security system is crap and keeps locking up on me for no reason. The only way to disarm it is to sit in the car for 10-15 minutes (until the security light goes off) with the key in the "on" position, then turn it off, remove the key, and restart it. Please, please, please don't buy an Alero.

Well, I'm off to soak up some snuggle time. With Theron going back home at the end of the week and the season of working starting, I know I'm gonna need it.

1 comment:

Theron Schultz said...

"Then again, this is a game where you pretty much have to kick your opponent."

This game can only become more popular in America.