NOW DEFUNCT :(

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day

Today is a day to honor anyone who has served in the United States armed forces.

My uncle Nathan has always been someone who has inspired me. Growing up, he was more like a brother than an uncle, both because of age and the fact that we lived in the same house. I always looked to him for guidance and help, not to mention to learn how to be a cool tomboy. Without him in my life, I would be a completely different person and I am so grateful that he is still around.

As I've noted before, my uncle served in the military and was deployed to Iraq for about sixteen months, missing the last few months of his wife's second pregnancy and the adorable little girl's birth.

He has gone through a lot of hard things; despite that, he is still true to himself and his beliefs. I am so proud to be a part of his life and to have shared so much of it as I did. I can only hope that, as I grow older and mature, I can be more like him... and go visit all of them :)

No comments: