NOW DEFUNCT :(

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Late 4th of July

I had to work last night, which happened to be Grrr's last night at our store. I guess she's going to Milwaukee, which is right by her house, so that'll be nice. So although it is late, I hope that everyone had a nice, pleasant, and safe 4th of July.

I'm watching a Monster Quest episode about ghosts right now, and I'm not very happy at how they're portraying those of us who've had encounters with the paranormal. I'm fine with everyone (even my sweet sarcastic boyfriend) not believing me. However, unlike other people, I wouldn't make stuff up or exaggerate about things like that. I suppose they are generalizing and I shouldn't be too upset about that, but still, I'm not crazy. It's not like they'll find any evidence of ghosts anyways, because they never find evidence of anything that they're examining. At least I know that I'm telling the truth.

And here's how I can understand their generalizations. Still, you'd think that anyone would know the difference between the moon and a UFO. I guess they were just silly and confused... and possibly quite old.

In tennis news, Venus beat Serena to win the women's Wimbledon title. I hope they're good sports, because otherwise it'll make for awkward dinner conversation.

In Patriotic news, archaeologists found the remnants of Washington's boyhood home in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Hopefully it'll help us to learn more about his life as a young man.

And finally, as proof that no one has forgotten the terrors of World War II, someone beheaded Hitler's wax statue, citing that he was not a good famous German and therefore shouldn't be in the Berlin Madame Tussauds wax museum. The only problem with that is that famous can also include infamous. He should be in the museum as a reminder of things that happened in the past and how we must prevent that from happening again in the future (despite us not helping still with Darfur and other regions suffering genocides).

This blog, about a Japanese soldier interned in a camp during/after World War II in what is now Ukraine, is interesting. The drawings are kinda fun, and I love that they have the Japanese text on them. Now, if only I could relearn my Japanese...

No comments: