NOW DEFUNCT :(

Friday, April 10, 2009

RIP Nick Adenhart

How do you write about someone you never even knew, but whose death has had such an effect on a world in which you take part? I will not try to use fancy words to describe the loss of this amazing young man. I don't think I'm qualified to. I will, however, let Angels fans themselves speak about their feelings.

If you are not sure what has happened, click here or here.

Thanks to KLSnow, my dear friend who runs Brew Crew Ball, for linking to this amazing post at Halos Heaven. I'm not a crier, and I was in tears after reading this post.

The problem of drunk driving is one that needs to be addressed. I agree that we spend too much time focusing on steroids and not on the most abused drug out there.

I really appreciated this post as well. When I was in high school, a close friend of mine was killed walking home on the sidewalk by a person who was on several drugs at the time. It was very hard for me, once I had moved to the anger stage, to not want to chase down this person and tell him exactly what I thought about him. It's hard to understand at first, but the grief that this young man has caused - and in this case, it's a national situation, not just from a small suburb - is going to have to live with him as long as he does. One of the reasons that I don't support the death penalty is that I believe perps should be forced to live with their actions and not be given an easy way out.

Please join me in helping to stop those you know and even those you don't from getting behind the wheel drunk or "buzzed."

And, please, take care of yourself. Remember that when you drive, you are driving not only for those in your car, but for those you care about... and the others on the road, and the people who care about them as well.

No comments: