NOW DEFUNCT :(

Monday, August 10, 2009

Healthcare

I'm not following the latest on Obama's healthcare reform plans. I've just become so uninterested due to how the different news agencies and reporters/writers are handling this. I can, however, tell you why I would support nationalized health care.

I've talked several times about my Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthrits (JRA/Still's Disease) on this site and my other blog. With this as a pre-existing condition, any insurance I would be able to buy privately would require me to work 80+ hours a week and wouldn't really cover anything substantial.

I get insurance through school, yes, but it's enough to cover a visit to the school nurse... and enough to help me pay 80% of a regular doctor's visit (provided that they accept the insurance). Don't even think about dental, vision, or specialty docs like rheumatologists.

All the things going on with my sister right now would have been even more terrible had she not been able to qualify for BadgerCare. She had to have an appendectomy over the weekend. Without having the insurance, I'm sure that her appendix would've exploded and she wouldn't have been able to get help until things got dyer, if then.

And if that didn't do it for you, maybe this story will.

No comments: