NOW DEFUNCT :(

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Well, It Finally Happened

Barack Obama finally clinched the nomination. I heard mid-Brewers game last night, but was so busy cheering on my boys that I didn't switch the channel to watch the speech. Hillary isn't conceding yet though. I think she's trying to hold out for the super delegates to see who really has the nomination. Or perhaps she's waiting to be asked to be Obama's VP. In either case, I think she needs to give up, because it's not gonna happen. I don't think they get along enough to run together, even if it would help them clinch the White House. In any case, thus starts the long five month trek to the White House, and the ugly battles between Obama and McCain.

The Brewers have finally gotten three games ahead of .500. Randy Johnson has a great arm that didn't let up until the sixth inning, where Braun hit a two run homer to get the Brew Crew a lead. The rest of the runs just cemented the win.

Bill Hall asked to be traded. Apparently he wants more playing time. I can understand that, but I would be happy that my team is winning. He's still getting paid the same, and honestly he's playing better because he's getting some rest. This soft platooning is paying off right now, and I'm a little upset that Hall would be so selfish as to think that he's not playing enough. He is one of my favorites, but I'm a little disenchanted with him right now.

I'm making dinner for Latonya tomorrow night. I still haven't decided what I'm gonna make, but I need to get cookie stuff today. Xavier's funeral is on Friday. I want to be there, but I hate funerals. The last one I went to was my great grandmother's when I was little. When my friend Lyndzi died in high school, it was a closed service and I wasn't allowed to go. The memorial service though was really tough to sit through. It's always sad when someone dies, but Xavier was just so young, so sweet. I can only imagine how Latonya feels... or how my own mom must've felt when I was misdiagnosed and given six months to live. As much as I want to be there for her, I also don't want to flip out, because I'm sure that wouldn't help.

This week is moving so very slowly.

No comments: